Learn More or Make a Gift to Support
Conservation Science department is housed at the Acopian Center for Conservation Learning
Dr. Keith L. Bildstein
Sarkis Acopian Director of Conservation Science
570-943-3411 or email@example.com
Meet the Hawk Mountain scientists
The Hawk Mountain philosphy
The Hawk Mountain Conservation Science Program...
- Uses biology and environmental science to develop adaptive management strategies to protect the world's migrating raptors, their migration systems, and the natural habitats upon which they depend.
- Works with world-class raptor scientists and other conservationists, graduate students and international trainees at the world-class Acopian Center for Conservation Learning to share ideas, collect and analyze new information, and formulate and test new conservation strategies.
- Exposes the next generation of raptor conservationists to experts in the field by hosting visiting scholars and scientists from specialized disciplines.
- Acts as a global information hub and catalyst for raptor biology and raptor conservation.
- Hosts and coordinates special symposia at which leading conservation scientists discuss, analyze and report their findings.
- Trains hawkwatchers in data-management to increase electronic access of valuable short- and long-term raptor migration databases.
- Works with local and regional colleagues in Appalachian Mountain ecology.