For the Up-and Coming Naturalist
Some of our very happy campers after a fun-filled week!
Our week long Raptor Day Camp is held in mid to late July, and a great summer activity for young naturalists, particularly those interested in the outdoors, birds and raptors. Raptor Camp 2012 will occur July 23-27. Dates for the upcoming year will be announced in February.
Our day campers:
- Explore birds of prey and the 2,600-acre Sanctuary
- See live raptors up close
- Participate in daily hikes to the lookouts and River of Rocks boulder field
- Dissect owl pellets
- Practice with radio telemetry equipment and learn about current research techniques
- Learn about habitat and build American Kestrel nestboxes
- Have Fun!
To Apply for Raptor Camp
Camp dates will be announced at the beginning of the current camp year and is open to any student entering 4th or 5th grade in the fall of the current year. Camp runs daily 9am-3pm.
Prior to beginning camp each student MUST submit payment including a registration form, health history form, physician's medical form, sickness and behavior policy agreement and pick-up authorization form. Forms can be obtained by contacting the Education Department.
Cost: $200 member, $230 non-member
Campers pause along the trail during their hike